- Network Documentation / Monitoring centralization
- Nagios / Netsaint network monitoring
- Splunk log monitoring
Mossman -> HP Netmon & Network Alchemy
- "nrquery" command-line utility on netreg allows better tracking and logging of leases
- "ls-guest.cgi" web-interface displays and logs all guest dhcp activity
AIMS / AIX Projects
- Lose "Choose Your Term" Menu.
- Redo .profile
- coherently consistant menus
- Change Root home directory
- Clean out /
- And /usr/morn/*
- Network Monitoring (Demo dec. 4)
- Splunk demo
- Network Dashboard
- Remaining polishing:
- Activate contacts
- Too many notices? Adjust accordingly
- Missing Hosts / Services?
- Research Skype - will it work here?
: Update -> Yes.
"Crack" McWiki server - mysql & wiki admin passwords need to be reset
: Update -> Emailing with Joan to find administrator credentials
Active Directory authentication for *nix clients
: Using either (or both) Kerberos or Winbindd
Move all licensed software (masters) & license information to a central location and organize it
- Document Store cataloging (what do we have?)
: Update -> Chris started this ball on his own.
- Machine Room housekeeping
- Simplify machine room
- Consolidate unneeded machines?
- Stabilize / Rebuild server rack
- Catalog and map Servers
- Simplify machine room
- Continue organizing, cataloging, and discarding as appropriate
Establish Permissions system to secure McWiki Documentation
- Accuterm Deployment
: Update -> Redoing Installed to change hostname of aims to "aims.morningside.edu" to allow off campus use.
- Wireless AP load distribution
: Update -> Changed RTS settings to 1500 to attempt to better share bandwidth.
Merging vlans 160 & 161 to allow laptop roaming & facilitate better bandwidth
- nrquery set to log every 15 minutes during business hours mon-fri temporarily to audit wifi usage
- Deploy DC4
- Redeploy TS3 ("Mossman") as WSUS 3.0 server and Network Monitoring Server
TS1 Language support (French, Spanish, and Japanese) for Office & Browser
- Fix racks
: Update -> Assessment is the last to move.
- Deploy UPS Units
: Stats! -> http://pointyhat/cgi-bin/apc/multimon.cgi
- Configure Apache on Sirsi2
: Update -> Enrichment working on both. Server uses ASP script for email so it's back to IIS.
- Actually lock down "jail" ip range with subnet addressing so clients can only point to netreg
: Update -> http://netreg/cgi-bin/scratch/ls-guest.cgi
- Upgrades tests...
- WSUS 3.0 Sandbox
- Terminal Server 1 upgrade
- KMSC-PROD Cannot access internet - stopped at firewall. Waiting for Mike
: Works with static, rebooted smoothie - dhcp internet working again?
- Test Network
- Trend Micro rollout
: Trendmicro nicely removes Sophos and installs in background on client